Blue Cloak is seeking a Network Administrator, or Network Systems Administrator, who will be responsible for overseeing the organization’s computer systems and networks to ensure proper maintenance and security. Their duties include working with peers to identify network or computer system needs, overseeing the installation of new hardware or software among other duties.
Duties and responsibilities of a Network Administrator may include:
- Perform a wide range of network administration duties including installations, debugging, maintenance, upgrades, and general support for Cisco Meraki.
- Assist in the configuration and deployment of core and peripheral network devices, which will require continuous learning of new devices.
- Proactive monitoring of all network devices, services, and servers using a combination of tools to ensure high availability.
- Collect and review network utilization data for capacity and planning purposes.
- Assist in developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining disaster recovery plans.
- Manage & troubleshoot network and Internet connectivity throughout the organization.
- Rigorously create and maintain documentation for all processes and procedures.
- Secures the networks by developing and implementing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation systems, maintaining documentation.
- Extensive hands-on technical knowledge of network system protocols, and standards.
- Hand on experience with wide variety of devices (routers, switches, firewalls, wireless, VoIP)
- Experience with monitoring tools and troubleshooting tools.
- Ability to demonstrate technical understanding of network and application layer protocols such as IPv4, IPv6, TCP, UDP, SMTP, DNS, HTTPS.
- Ability to implement and support routing protocols (e.g., OSPF, BGP, EIGRP) and WAN technologies. Knowledge and exposure to a variety of firewall environments.
- Strong knowledge of security standards.
- Must be a team player, with high integrity
- Must be dependable with a strong work ethic
- Eagerness to learn
- Thrive in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Strong Customer Service skills and a commitment to excellence.
- Excellent overall communication skills, including written, verbal & team communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills and accurate time reporting imperative.
- Highly motivated, possessing a strong sense of urgency, and excel at multi-tasking
- Strong organizational skills, including being very detailed and task oriented
- ·Current experience with Office 365, MS Exchange, and Active Directory Administration
Candidate will need to be or become proficient in:
- Hands on VMware experience – a minimum of 3 years.
- Design, installation, and management if VMware vSphere based infrastructures
- Design/installation of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Design, installation, configuration, and management of monitoring management, automation and security tools
- Skilled with management of enterprise backup infrastructures, installation/management of windows server environments, installation/management of Linux Server environments
- Knowledge of VMware Site Recovery Manager, scripting languages (PowerShell, Perl, Ruby, Python, shell), database management (Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL), design and deployment of Enterprise Solutions
- Various client specific software applications
- Category: Information Technology
- Subcategory: Network Engineer
- Schedule: Full-time / Contract
- Shift: Day Job
- Travel: Yes
- Hiring 1 candidate for this role
- Potential for Teleworking: Partial
- Information security: 3 years (Required)
- Network architecture: 3 years (Required)
- Work authorization (Required)
- Top Secret (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Professional development assistance
Find Out More
To learn more about how Blue Cloak can help your organization, please get in touch.Contact Us »